Arestin Rochester NY
Periodontal disease is a serious infection under your gum line.
ARESTIN (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic that kills many of the bacteria that cause periodontal infection.
- It’s placed directly in the infected areas (pockets) around the teeth.
- Arestin sometimes applied right after scaling and root planing, the dental procedure that disrupts stubborn plaque and bacteria below the gum line where brushing and flossing can’t reach.
ARESTIN starts working quickly, at the source of infection, and keeps fighting bacteria long after you leave the dental office. 1, 2
ARESTIN fights infection and inflammation for 30 days,2 and can enhance the results of scaling and root planning alone.3
1. Oringer RJ, Al-Shammari KF, Aldredge WA, et al. Effect of locally administered minocycline microspheres on markers of bone resorption. J Periodontol 2002;73:835-842.
2. Goodson JM, Gunsollwy JC, Grossi SG, et al. Minocycline HCl microspheres reduce red-complex bacteria in periodontal disease therapy. J Periodontol 2007;78(8):1568-1579.
3. Williams RC, Paquette DW, Offenbacher S, et al. Treatment of periodontitis by local administration of minocycline microspheres: a controlled trial. J Periodontol 2001;72:1535-1544.