Periodontist Pre-operative Instructions
- Maintain your normal diet prior to surgery, unless you have been directed otherwise.
- For nitrous oxide sedation and our newly offered IV Sedation no eating or drinking up to 6 hours before your scheduled procedure.
- Please take any medications we have asked you to start prior to surgery, as directed.
- High dose Aspirin should not be taken for ten days prior to your surgery. Low dose aspirin could be taken prior to surgery. Coumadin or Plavix is ordinarily stopped 3-4 days prior to surgery, unless otherwise instructed by your periodontist or physician.
- If you ordinarily take a prophylactic antibiotic ( eg: for a prosthetic joint or heart valve) prior to dental treatment, you should take it prior to surgery.
- Please alert the office to any allergies to antibiotics. You will be prescribed an antibiotic if our doctor determines it to be necessary. Take as directed until gone.
- If you elect to use nitrous oxide or oral sedatives you must have a ride to and from the office.